Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I am back with a BOOM!


So my main goal is to keep you updated on what is going down in AZ due to the passing of SB1070. At the same time, I might post some personal items such as restaurant experiences or highlights of the city. I want you to see how I see everything. We are all used to having our own perspective on daily actions, but why not dig into someones thoughts and receive a new interpretation of the same image.

I am going to start posting poems, short stories and essays of my daily life to enhance the mechanism of thought between us and hopefully you can share your work and comments too. Taking pictures is going to be essential in demonstrating my work/ life to you, yet I invite you to share some of your colorful glossy canvases by providing your photography. I hope you come to enjoy this page and make it part of your life. Immerse yourself in my city.

Okay, lets now go into the immigration issue before I get carried away. It has been confirmed that Shakira is going to be in Phoenix tomorrow meeting with our mayor, Phil Gordon, to discuss ideas and solutions to the SB1070 to motivate Jan Brewer to put a stop to it before the bill goes into effect.

"Shakira and Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon will discuss their opposition to Arizona's new immigration law during a news conference at 3:30 p.m. Thursday at City Hall, 200 W. Washington St, according to the Mayor's Office.

Around 4:15 p.m., she plans to meet with immigrant families and students at the CPLC Carl Hayden Youth Community Center, 3216 W. Van Buren St, "to discuss how this new law will impact them as they pursue their American Dream.''


http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/PHXBeat/79564



On May 1st, there is going to be a nationwide march, I will keep you all updated where it will be. I heard that many political figures and celebrities are attending it on select states and many are planning to make a visit to AZ. Some might argue that the issue is growing obnoxiously fast, but finally the issue is being highlighted as important and something needs to be done asap.


I will post a slide show of my personal pictures of the famous protest on the signing of the bill from Friday, April 23rd, when I get a chance tonight.

You all have a great night!! See you tomorrow!


By the way leave your thoughts and add me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment of what you think!!